I'm sitting here at work struggling to breathe. I took my uniform, including the maternity pants I bought for work, home to be washed and forgot to bring them back today. So I had to squeeze into my old pants that were into my locker. I did managed to wrestle the button together, but now it's rather difficult to move. It will probably be uncomfortable enough that I'll be sure to remember them tomorrow!
There's not much else to tell you today, except that the word "pencil" derives for the Latin word "penicillus," which means "little tail." Also, good news for Jessica: you cannot get lead poisoning by getting stabbed by a pencil. You can, however, get a permanent black mark on your nose. Fascinating information courtesy of: http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/Features/Lists/?article=20ThingsPencils>1=27004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Finally a new blog! Yea! You hardly look pregnant. I can't believe your stuff is so tight. I think what you need is elastic waist like a 70 year old wears. They might not be high fashion, but they're sure more comfortable.
P.S. I want to read something like you used to write for your creative writing class. Maybe describe how it feel to grow a baby?
Undo the button. Loop a hair elastic around the button and through the hole. Much easier to breathe that way, and your pants still stay up. Unless you have to wear your shirt tucked in, then that would look kind of silly.
You'd think the permanent black mark would come out after 10+ years though, but oh well. All I need is a good cover story to explain why I got stabbed in the nose with a pencil in the first place.
Like Rorie said, the elastic trick works like a charm. I've also heard (never tried them) that they have these belly band thingys that keep your pants up (unbuttoned) and flatten the zipper so you can't tell. I heard they are wonderful.
I wouldn't mind a creative writing story about the pencil incident.
I've used the rubber band in the button of the pants before. You do what you have to for comfort. If that's not an option, are you sitting down and "hidden" behind a desk. If there's not much change anyone will see you, undo it anyway, and just remember to fix it before you stand up. :)
I had to laugh at your story of wearing pre-pregnancy pants because the same thing happened to me. I forgot to do laundry and all I had left were pants that have no stretchy waist. I wore my regular jeans and the baby was kicking against the super tight pants the entire morning. I had to go to the bathroom and unbutton them to make it through the afternoon, which meant I was scared to sit down in case the zipper also went down...
Oh the joys of pregnancy. :)
By the way, when are you due? And congrats on finding out that your baby is 95% a girl!
Post a Comment