Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm Back!

I know, I know, it's been forever since I updated my blog! My sincerest apologies. The truth is, I haven't had much to write about until now. But now I can finally tell everyone the good news. I'm about to join the ranks of the moms. We're expecting a new little bundle of joy in January. Around January 19. We just saw the doctor yesterday, which was pretty fun. So if my mom hasn't called you yet (and there's a good possibility that she has), now you know. Right now I'm nice and sick. I've been trying to perfect methods of keeping down my breakfast. Unfortunately, none of these methods seem to work on a consistent basis. Any suggestions?

In other news, I'm looking for a new job. After riding around in the cold rain for four straight hours yesterday, sniffling, coughing, and trying not to puke, I just about quit. I thought it was supposed to be summer by now! The only problem is that we can't afford me not having a job. So if anyone has any bright ideas on where I can look for a job in writing or editing, I'm all ears.

Well, there's not too much else going on. Todd's on a house plant kick, so I'm letting him build a rotating solar-powered plant stand for our many green friends that he's so fond of. I finally got my car back after my last car mishap and I'm really happy not to be taking the bus, mostly because it means I can sleep for an extra half-hour. That may not sound like a lot, but when it's the difference between 5:30 and 6:00 in the morning, it's a BIG difference.

I'm signing off for now, but I'll try to update a bit more often. :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Just call me Auntie Jessica. I finally get to pull out the list of things I'm going to name your kids. Bwaaah haaaa haaa!

Anonymous said...

Well, congrats on your big news! sorry about the pukiness though. I wish I had some suggestions, but I don't. I never puked with mine, I just felt like I was going to. Saltines and citrus were good for me. Ginger ale now reminds me of being nauseated. So do prunes. Good luck!

Loni said...

This is so exciting. Now you will have many things to blog about. Puking or the feeling of it just comes with the territory. It will get better.