Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

Well, it's officially official! For those of you who thought I already graduated last month, that's not 100% correct. The University has no problem letting you revel in the graduation celebration and then never giving you a diploma. But now, according to the all-knowing, all-powerful Campus Information System website, I am now a honest-to-goodness card-carrying graduate. Yay.

I'm also another year older. I went to work yesterday 21 and left 22. Pretty exciting stuff. It was a very nice day, and I only threw up once! Whew! Thanks, Baby A.

Speaking of babies, I thought it would be fun to hear everyone's suggestions for baby names. No guarantees of course, especially if you propose that I call it Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz or Mohonrimoriancomur (that means you, Jessica).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some great ideas that I'm sure you will ignore because I came up with them:

Boy
Samuel Empey Argyle
Archibald Argyle
Henry Argyle
(There's no reason you shouldn't name a baby after a cat!)

Girl
Claire Argyle II (I have always loved your name)
Tequila or Brandi Argyle (Maybe not unless you're going to change your religious afiliation)
Kristin Argyle

On second thought, maybe I should work on these a bit more and get back to you!

Jessica said...

*Ahem*

Clive
Ivan
Marvin
Spike
Claude
Victor
Herman
Hector
Tycho
Shadrach
Meshach
Abed-nego (those three only if you have triplets)
Thor
Ralph
Jean-Luc
Kumquat
Gus Gus
Bubba

Hmmm...funny how all those are boy's names...probably because they're from my list of things to name my cats, and I like boy cats better than girl cats. Oh well, I'll start working on the girl names. I'm sure I can come up with equally fabulous ones for the girls.

Loni said...

My kids never liked the suggestions I gave for names, but Joe (and probably Cameron) like the name Butkis. I don't know about the spelling. Let's see, how does it sound? Butkis Argyle. Hm-m-m.

When will you, or will you, find out the gender before birth?

Jessica said...

see my blog for mom's suggestions

Anonymous said...

OK, mom and Jessica both took my suggestions. But I have to say that Butkis Boss has a bit more of a ring to it than Butkis Argyle. Sorry, I know you really wanted that one. :)