Thursday, June 26, 2008

Engineering Blues

Today, I want to share with you all a special presentation brought to my attention by my dad. It's called "An Engineer's Guide to Cats." Perhaps it's mostly just funny to me because I'm married to one, but as a non-engineer, it's still pretty awesome if you like cats.



As the wife of an engineer, I can tell you that this is all so true. Engineers really don't eat. If I didn't feed him, I think Todd might starve. I also had the opportunity to have dinner with several of his classmates and their families. After hearing about the myriads of complicated and expensive engineering projects these people plan to do for fun, I felt much better about Todd's solar-powered rotating plant stand project.

7 comments:

Loni said...

A solar-powered rotating plant stand sounds perfect for me. I have to keep turning my plants because they tend to grow toward the light, which makes them lopsided.

Jessica said...

I found some more names for your children. Famous scientists have excellent taste in names, right? So you should name them after the children of Johannes Kepler: Sebald, Cordula, Hildebert, and Fridmar.

Also, did you know that there were two defenestrations of Prague? Not one, but two. So if you ever go to Prague, stay away from the windows.

GAYLE said...

Are we suppose to know what a defenestration is?

Claire said...

Perhaps it would help if I used it in context: "Her quotidian quadlibets caused me to defenestrate her." Bwah hahaha

Jessica said...

Dude, you spelled quodlibets wrong. I'm offended.

But for you poor souls who don't know what a defenestration is, the definition (straight from Webster's) is: "a throwing of a person or thing out of a window". In Prague, they threw people out the window. One of the defenestrations started the Thirty Year's War.

Claire said...

Well, it was a rather complicated sentence. I'm afraid I don't use the word "quodlibet" on a daily basis.

Andrea said...

That video was funny, albeit a tad on the long side. :)

Thank you for the definitions. I was about to google them to find out what they meant.