I know you're all dying to see the shiner I gave Todd, so feast your eyes on this really flattering picture:

The lighting in the photo makes it kind of hard to see, but look closely at the side of his eye to get an idea of his midnight battle wound.
I have to say that this Halloween was somewhat disappointing. I would guess that the number of little ghouls and power rangers that showed up at our door totaled less than 20. Todd and I even dressed up in some super spiffy costumes and stayed in with a pizza instead of going on our usual Friday night date. If we hadn't told the last group of teenagers to take a handful each, we'd be as hopped up on sugar as the kids! I suppose Halloween loses some of its magic as soon as you turn 12. Oh well. But since we didn't get to show off our spectacular costumes and pumpkins to the kids, I'll show them off to you. Please contain your excitement...

Surrender to Zorro!

Look closely to see my baby bump.
And let's not forget our masterful pumpkins:


Now that you've had your fill of picture fun, I have a question. For any of you with kids, I'd like to hear your opinions on epidurals. Especially if you have tried it both ways. I'm leaning toward getting one, but I want to know just how bad it really is if I chose not to. Let me know what you think!
6 comments:
Cool pumpkins! And hey, I thought you were going to paint your belly? What happened with that? :)
As for the epidurals, here's my 2 cents:
With Joey, I was going to go all-natural, Bradley method, no painkiller whatsoever. Then I had contractions 10 minutes apart all night long, painful enough to keep me awake all night long. Then they stopped. They started up again that night as we were leaving for the hospital (an hour drive) only it was back labor this time, every 7 minutes apart. I learned that I am a wuss and need pain killer.
With Braden, I had the same contractions all night long, only they came every 5 minutes and were much more painful. As soon as I got to the hospital, I begged for an epidural.
Now that I've frightened you, I will say this: Do your research. Even though I ended up not using the Bradley method, the pain-control technique did help somewhat. If you think you are pretty pain-tolerant and want to try for a natural birth - GO FOR IT!!! (I had no support from anyone when I told them I was going to go natural, and to be honest, it was pretty stressful hearing that I was going to fail) Otherwise, I highly recommend epidurals. They are nice.
And I had to have a c-section with both kids anyway, so pain control was necessary no matter what.
Sorry for the novel I just wrote. Good luck with your decision!
Thanks Rorie--I couldn't give Claire much advice since I had ONE labor pain and begged for the epidural both times!
Sorry Claire, three kids later and i have no idea what labor/contractions are like. I don't think i would have been brave enough to go natural, if that was an option, which it wasn't. good luck with whatever you choose!
I've had some friends tell me they could feel the place the needle went in for a very long time afterwards, but I had epidurals with both kids and never had any problems with that sort of thing. It is definitely weird not being able to move your legs by yourself, but I was too afraid of the pain to go without. Maybe someday. Good luck with you decision.
I never had such a thing. Back in the old days the only I was offered was a para-cervical block. That was nice. Medicine inserted directly into affected area and no numb legs afterward. Can you still get something like that???
Nice pumpkins. I can't imagine the cat theme :) How do you scrape those areas out without breaking through????
Only the moon and cloud were scraped...the cat itself was carved. My pumpkin was incredibly thick...so thick that I couldn't even use one of the carving knives that came in the kit we had! So I wasn't too worried about breaking through and just scraped with a sharp can opener thing.
Post a Comment