Monday, August 4, 2008

Baby Update

Well, I'm back from vacation and back at work. It wouldn't be so bad, but it's a little depressing to think that I probably won't get another vacation until next summer, and by then I'll be changing diapers and scrambling for stuffed animals. I'm a fan of stuffed animals, of course...I mean, who isn't? I guess I'm just a little nervous about the sudden responsibility of a little one. And I'm pretty sure that's not unusual for a mom-to-be.

I'll give everyone a quick update on the baby and I'll try to cover all the questions I've been getting lately. I do not know yet if it's a boy or a girl, but we do plan to find out. I'm too excited to wait, and finding out makes it easier to plan for. I'll probably find that out next month. I'm kind of hoping for a boy, but both Todd and I have a hunch it's a girl. I'd be happy with a girl...it's just that I worry about what will happen when she gets to be a teenager. I know I was no picnic to deal with. At this month's appointment, they'll be taking my blood and making sure I don't have herpes or anything...although I'm pretty sure that's not going to be an issue. I haven't felt the baby kicking yet. The all-knowledgeable book says I probably won't until the end of this month or even into next month. I'm looking forward to that, but I don't know what to expect. I'll probably just think my tummy's rumbling when I finally do feel it.

That's all for today. I'll post again soon and tell you all about my vacation adventures. Maybe if I'm feeling really ambitious, I'll figure out how to post our fun pictures and videos.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

A friend asked me what it felt like to have your baby move. People had told me it felt like butterflies. Uh, yeah, like anyone knows what it would feel like to have a butterfly inside you (and that wouldn't work anyway). But, the best way I could describe it was . . . gas. :)

Hope you're not still puking!

Loni said...

Yeah, a bubble of gas moving along is a good description of what it feels like, at least until the baby starts kicking your ribs.

GAYLE said...

I always thought the weirdest was when the baby got the hiccups.